Saturday morning, Uncle G took six kids to OMSI, the Oregon Museum of Science and Innovation. Its a huge museum with lots of fun hands-on exhibits. Although our family has gone there several times, this was G's first visit.I stayed home with S, who had to work on a speech project, and EJ. G thought six was his maximum number for one adult. S painted EJ's fingernails as a consolation for not going. EJ kept a rapid conversations with S, making it a bit difficult for S to work on her homework. And yet, it was too cute to stop her.
Favorite OMSI exhibits - shooting off water bottle rockets, designing paper cups to fly, the room filled with balls, and the computer lab.(G is not much of a picture-taker and with our camera being tempermental, we just downloaded a couple photos from the internet.)
There is currently a great DaVinci exhibit drawing huge crowds. The kids were able to explore the world of Leonardo Da Vinci. W says his favorite of the DaVinci displays was the catapults and the mirror room. G wished he could have spent a bit more time there but he had to keep up with the kids. We will have to go back.On Sunday night, JJ made crepes with WR as his assistant chef. They did a great job cooking a huge batch of crepes. They worked on their crepe-flipping techniques with minimal amount of mess.
Crepes on Sunday evening was a family tradition when I was growing up. I get a kick knowing that all three of my brothers are the primary crepe chefs in their own families.
- This little person was the last one eating crepes at the table.
While crepes were cooking,
G rolled up his sleeves and washed pots and pans
from the dinner earlier in the day.
I spent much of the weekend washing clothes - with 10 people in the house, there's a lot of laundry. And I worried about getting as much of the cousins things packed up for Monday morning. As with packing for our own kids, I find that some of the things I packed sprouted legs and were found again around the house -- like two pairs of Z's shoes. Sorry!
1 comment:
Okay, would you share your crepe secrets? I tried making them once and it just didn't work out for me - we even have a crepe maker for goodness sake and I couldn't do it!
What's your recipe? What are your instructions for cooking? What are you favorite fillings/toppings? I think crepes would be a fun Easter tradition for our family.
Love reading your blog and keeping up with the family.
Post a Comment